Saturday, February 5, 2011

I'm a failure!

I am feeling very inspired tonight. I thought I would blog about a special moment I had once with my uncle, and it's sticking out in my mind tonight.
While my uncle and I were discussing life, a few things from our conversation saturate my mind. "You are destined for failure," he said to me. With shock, I looked at him, hurt. "Well, thanks."
"Brittany all the greatest people were destined for failure. Look in the Bible. David was the youngest and the smallest, but took down a giant. Moses had a speech problem, but went on to talk to thousands. Jacob was a liar. You've been destined for failure your whole life. Set up to fall. You were abused from the beginning, shunned by your own mother. Everyone in school always rejected you. [It's because you have something great destined for you and you must overcome these things.]"

The last sentence is in brackets because I don't remember his words exactly for that last part like I do the rest.

First I was offended, then I realized what beauty his words held. I try to remember this when I'm having an off day.

Thank you Unce. <3 Your wisdom means so much to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment